BA., LL.B. - Partner
- E:[email protected]
- T:04 570 4180
- M:022 677 4710
Lesley works principally in our trust and estate section. Lesley has broad experience from working in law firms in London, Sydney and Wellington. She taught as a Legal Practice Instructor in Wellington. Lesley is a regular presenter nationally for the Law Society and other organisations on Trusts, Estates and Elderlaw matters.
Lesley Q and A
1. How would you describe your style of law/practice or your approach to dealing with clients?
Straightforward, honest, approachable and determined to do my best for my clients.
2. If you had a single piece of advice to give a person in relation to estate planning what would it be?
Try to get your financial affairs in order and make sure your Will is up to date – your family will be grateful.
3. What has had the biggest impact on how you practice law over recent years?
Email and internet research tools – they increase efficiency and reduce costs for clients.
4. When you are not being a lawyer what do you like doing most?
Spending time with family and friends.
5. Who gave you the best piece of advice in relation to your legal career and what was it?
My brother decided against a legal career and thought I would be better suited – he was right!
6. What is your favourite quote.
Do to others what you would have them do to you.
7. What would you be doing if you weren’t a lawyer?
Working in a teaching role and enjoying playing more tennis