LL.B., Notary Public - Consultant
- E:[email protected]
- T:04 570 4176
- M:0274 859 408
James is a Trustee of the Turnovsky Endowment Trust and many substantial private Trusts with significant investment portfolios. He is Past President of the Tahurangi Ski Club, has represented New Zealand in debating and is a Friend of the Victoria University of Wellington Foundation. James has conducted seminars for the Wellington District Law Society and the New Zealand Law Society on subjects as diverse as Agreements for Sale and Purchase of Business and assets administration. He was a member of the Victoria University Law School Appeal Fund Committee which raised over $5 million to assist in the establishment of the law school in the old Government Buildings.
James Q and A
. How would you describe your style of law/practice or your approach to dealing with clients?
I am a “deal maker”, not a “deal breaker”.
2. If you had a single piece of advice to give a person in relation to estate planning what would it be?
Make sure you don’t end up flying at the back of the plane when your children are up the front.
3. What has had the biggest impact on how you practice law over recent years?
Email and the requirement for instant responses.
4. When you are not being a lawyer what do you like doing most?
I enjoy music, travel, bridge and skiing.
5. Who gave you the best piece of advice in relation to your legal career and what was it?
Never procrastinate – if there is a problem, deal with it straight away.
6. What would you be doing if you weren’t a lawyer?
I would like to be a diplomat or foreign correspondent.