LL.B. - Partner
- T:04 570 4175
- M:021 1134 600
Following a lengthy period as a qualified legal executive Joanne graduated from Victoria University in 2006 with a law degree. Joanne is one of the leading solicitors in our residential conveyancing division HomeLegal. She also works with James Young on commercial property administration. Joanne is also part of our ElderLaw Team specialising in assisting clients that are retired or approaching retirement. This includes drafting Wills and Enduring Powers of Attorney and also providing advice to clients who are considering entering a retirement village.
Joanne Q and A
1. How would you describe your style of law/practice or your approach to dealing with clients?
My approach with clients is to make them feel relaxed and feel they can approach me with any queries or concerns they have.
2. If you had a single piece of advice to give a person in relation to signing a contract what would it be?
Do not sign anything until you have run it past your solicitor. Even if there is nothing wrong with the document it may still be possible to improve upon it.
3. What has had the biggest impact on how you practice law over recent years?
Working in a supportive legal environment.
4. When you are not being a lawyer what do you like doing most?
I enjoy the simple things in life, spending time with my family, dancing and eating out.
5. Who gave you the best piece of advice in relation to your legal career and what was it?
There is a place in the legal environment for everyone. There are academics who do not deal with people/clients, and there are many lawyers who enjoy working with people but do not have an Honours degree.
6. What is your favourite quote?
Find a job you love and you will never work another day.
7. What would you be doing if you weren’t a lawyer?
I would be a dietician.