LLB / BA - Solicitor
- E:[email protected]
Astra Q and A
1. How would you describe your style of practice or your approach to dealing with clients?
I am a naturally empathetic person, so I like to really put myself in the client’s shoes to fully understand their issues and get the best solution for each unique situation.
2. If you had a single piece of advice to give a person in relation to buying or selling property what would it be?
Do your research and surround yourself with a good support network so you can feel confident and in control when it comes time to make those all-important decisions.
3. What has had the biggest impact on how you practice law over recent years?
Having previously worked in policy in the primary industries, I think this has given me a big picture view of the world and experience working with a wide range of people.
3. When you are not being a lawyer what do you like doing most?
When I’m not behind a desk I like to be as active as possible, playing sport, tramping and doing yoga. I am also an animal fanatic and like to go on rambling adventures around the Wellington Region with my Jack Russell, Fizz.
4. Who gave you the best piece of advice in relation to your legal career and what was it?
A former manager advised me to always aim to work for an organisation that aligns with your personal values and then you will never lose enthusiasm for the job.
5. What is your favourite quote?
He aha te mea nui o te ao. He tangata, he tangata, he tangata (What is the most important thing in the world? It is the people, it is the people, it is the people)