BA., LL.B. - Partner
- E:[email protected]
- T:04 570 4185
- M:021 511 660
Wendy graduated in 2004 from Victoria University with double degree in Law and Arts majoring in Psychology. Having previously worked at Gillespie Young Watson, Wendy returned in Jan 2016, after spending the last six years working in a specialist trusts and estates firm in Wellington. Wendy is part of our ElderLaw team and will also assist with commercial transactions.
Wendy Q and A
1. How would you describe your style of law/practice or your approach to dealing with clients?
Practical, straightforward, open and honest. I strive to get the best outcome for my clients in all matters.
2. If you had a single piece of advice to give a person in relation to asset planning what would it be?
Do it, don’t put it in the too hard basket. You may not need a complicated structure, but you should have something, at the very least you need a Will.
3. What has had the biggest impact on how you practice law over recent years?
The experience I gained working in a trust and estate specialist firm.
4. When you are not being a lawyer what do you like doing most?
Spending time with my family and friends, running, baking and reading.
5. Who gave you the best piece of advice in relation to your legal career and what was it?
A former employer once told me “Be honest with clients, colleagues and yourself”.
6. What is your favourite quote?
“You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” A A Milne
7. What would you be doing if you weren’t a lawyer?
Travelling the world.